Last Updated: November 10, 2023
This privacy statement (this “Privacy Statement”) describes how 89bio, Inc. (“We”, “Us” or “Our”) collects, uses and shares your personal information (i.e., information from or about an identified or identifiable person, including information that We can associate with an individual person) when you use Our Website (i.e., https://www.89bio.com/). Please read this Privacy Statement carefully.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of personal information about you when you use Our Website or third party service providers:
- Contact Information. Information such as name, email address, physical mailing address and telephone number.
- Device and Website Usage Information. We use analytics applications, cookies, pixels and/or similar technologies, including Google Analytics, to help collect and analyze certain information, including: the domain name of the Website that allowed you to navigate to Our Website, search engines used, the length of time spent on Our Website, the pages you looked at on Our Website, the frequency of your visits to Our Website, and other relevant statistics.
- Professional, Employment-Related, and Candidacy Information. When you apply for a job with Us, We will collect various of the information categories described above. In addition, We may collect additional identifiers, such as: Social Security Number, driver’s license or state identification number, veteran status, race or ethnic origin, gender and other personal and online identifiers; your resume or CV, cover letter, previous work and education experience, and any other professional information collected as part of your employment application and Our hiring process; residency, citizenship, or work permit status; and information required for Us to comply with laws, including at the direction of law enforcement authorities or court orders.
- Additional Information. Additional information that you provide to Us, including through feedback, messages, emails, mail, or otherwise.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the personal information We collect about you through Our Website for the following purposes:
- Provide Our Website. To provide you with Our Website, including using personal information for user support, to make it easier for you to use the Website, and to manage Our relationship with you.
- Website Administration and Development. To maintain, protect, and improve Our Website, ensure the technical functions of Our network, and improve and customize the content and layout of Our Website.
- Evaluate Your Candidacy for a Job with Us. As a job applicant or recruit, We may use your personal information to evaluate your candidacy for a position with Us.
- With Your Consent. We may otherwise use your personal information with your consent.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share the personal information We collect about you as described below:
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third-party service providers that provide services, such as Website usage analytics, on Our behalf in order to enable them to provide such services. For example, if you apply for a job with Us, We may share your personal information with certain third-party recruiting vendors, which provide Us with employment applications and hiring services.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share your personal information with Our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes described above or as reasonably necessary for Our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Change of Control Transaction. We may share your personal information with third parties who may or do acquire all or a portion of Our business, whether by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of Our assets, including during negotiations of any such transaction, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against Us.
- With Your Consent. We may otherwise share your personal information with your consent.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties, or share your personal information with third parties for purposes of targeted advertising. We do not sell or release Our mailing lists or any information about those who sign-up for further contact from Us.
The Internet and information storage are not 100% secure. We cannot guarantee that any of your personal information stored or sent to Us will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution. To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, you agree and acknowledge that We will not be liable or responsible if any information about you is intercepted, accessed, and/or used by an unintended recipient. If you have reason to believe that the security of your communications or personal information has been compromised, please contact Us at email@example.com immediately.
Our Website may contain links to third-party Websites, which We do not own or control. This Privacy Statement does not apply to your use of such third-party Websites. Such third-party Websites may have their own privacy policies, which you should read carefully.
Do Not Track
Our Website does not currently respond to Do Not Track signals.
Updating this Privacy Statement
From time to time We may change Our privacy practices.
We will post any updates to this Privacy Statement on Our Website, with a “Last Updated” date at the top of this document. Please check this page for updates.
If you have any questions, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.